Top Ten Tuesday
“Inspirational & Thought-Provoking Book Quotes”
This book meme is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
I definitely fell in love with her writing style when I read Daughter of Smoke & Bone. It’s one of my favorite book series and I love how hope is a huge theme in the book.
- “Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic.”
There are so many good quotes to pick from–both from her Six of Crows and Grisha series.
- “They had an ordinary life, full of ordinary things–if love can ever be called that.”
- “Suffering is cheap as clay and twice as common. What matters is what each man makes of it.”
- “What is infinite? The universe and the greed of man.”
- “Fear is a phoenix. You can watch it burn a thousand times and still it will return.”
An Ember in the Ashes series is really inspiring. I love Laia because she’s a heroine who admits she’s afraid but she doesn’t let it stop her from being brave and powerful.
- “Hope is stronger than fear. It is stronger than hate.”
- “Needing protection is not a weakness. Refusing to trust your allies is.”
- “So long as you fight the darkness, you stand in the light.”
- “Failure doesn’t define you. It’s what you do after you fall that determines whether you are a leader or a waste of perfectly good air.”
- “Fools pay attention to words in a fight. Warriors take advantage of them.”
What quote do you live by?