Hey, everyone! I was nominated for the Liebster Blogger Award by the lovely Vanessa @ Just Being Nessa. She’s a relatively new blogger since she just started up in June, but she’s got a lot of inspirational and well-thought out posts to share on just about everything. She’s also got a lot of cool tags on there so feel free to check out her blog!
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. ‘Liebster’ in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
First thing first:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you should do the following:
•Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you.
•Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. You can download images for the award here
•Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
•Answer your questions and provide 10 random facts about yourself.
•Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 200 followers and ask them your own questions.
•List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or from this site)
•Don’t forget to inform the people/blogs you nominated about it.
1. What inspired your blog name?
My blog was pretty much my name at first, but later on, I changed it to Stellar Kitten Book Reviews because I wanted something that stood out and really told people what this blog was about. I love looking at images of stars, space, constellations, etc. and I have an obsession with cats so I just put them together.
2. What is one thing you can’t live without?
Art, in any form. Writing, music, drawings/paintings. I’m a really artistic person who is almost constantly listening to music or thinking about drawings. Even when I’m not seriously drawing I tend to doodle on the side of pages. And of course, I enjoy reading/writing. I do both because there’s something exciting about creating something.
3. What inspires you to write?
The book community! Seriously, I look at other blogs and I go “yeah, I want to have the kinda interaction and effect that they do”. I really love sharing my ideas and having people comment back because I don’t have too many real life friends that enjoy reading.
4. If your life was a movie or book, what would be its title?
Haha, well my friends and I joke about a few phrases I throw out a lot while we’re gaming so my initial responses would probably be: “Fuck this shit I’m out!” or “One and Done”.
5. Who is your greatest inspiration?
In life? I’m assuming this is in general so: My mom. Cheesy, I know, but entirely true. I’ve watched her work so hard my entire life and she’s always tried to give me everything I need–not want, but really need. She’s pushed me to improve myself, take care of myself, and work hard. She’s one of the biggest reason I decided to pursue a degree.
I’d also say my best friend, Alexa, because I see how she was in the toughest situation and she managed to pull herself together and make things work for her. She’s not where she wants to be yet, but I think she’s made a lot of progress and when I think about being successful I always include her in the picture. She’s an all-around great person. Loving, supporting, responsible, creative, and outgoing.
6. What is love to you?
I think love has a lot of forms, but I think in general love is wanting to see someone else succeed in life and be happy. You want what’s best for them and you think about them all the time. You try to get them to uncover the potential they have and be the best them they can be. It’s selflessness.
7. What is your singular goal in life?
To make an impact. I want to do something in my life that matters to someone else. I’m not saying I want to change the world, but I want to change someone’s world. To know that I helped them when they were at a crossroads and I made the difference the way I know other people have for me.
8. What was the last mind blowing book/movie you read/watched?
I did both recently so I’ll share both. I recently finished and reviewed The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee. It was completely amazing and surprising. It kept me on edge wanting to know what happened next to each character, and which of them died based on the prologue.
I also watched Nerve, which I thought was a pretty awesome concept. I know it’s a book so I plan to read it eventually, but for now I really enjoyed the movie. I like the idea of the game and how everything developed between the characters. Probably the only bad thing was the ending was sort of cheesy, but still overall good.
10 random facts about myself
1. I have 6 cats.
2. My oldest cat is 16 years old (she’s ancient!)
3. I’m a college graduate (#class of 2017)
4. I’m an artist. I mainly use pencil/pen and then color with Copic markers or Faber-Castell colored pencils.
5. I have never broken a bone.
6. I play both piano and guitar (kinda lol, I haven’t in a long time and I just know basics).
7. I got hired recently and work at a middle school.
8. My biggest obsessions are: Cardcaptor Sakura, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Mortal Instruments, Pokemon, Anastasia, Throne of Glass, and The Little Mermaid.
9. I tend to impulsively buy entire series and keep them forever before I actually ever get to them.
10. I currently own somewhere around 500 physical books (yeah, my room is getting cramped and I feel so bad for my bookcase xD)
A favorite blog of mine, that’s not my own
I really enjoy reading posts from Jenn, Caitlynn, and Eden over at Thrice Read. It’s a fun blog that three friends started up together so there’s always something going on. I really enjoy their reviews because there’s so many of them. They’re more able to keep up with all the great books out there because there’s three of them, haha. But seriously, they’re really thorough and insightful. I also like that they have a lot of fun tags and memes going so that there’s always something new/bookish besides just reviews. I also enjoy their group reads because we get to see all three bloggers thoughts and opinions in a single post. They do Q&A’s with one another to get some really great discussions going. I also just enjoy the overall aesthetics of their blog. It’s simple but nice. If you haven’t already, you should really consider checking out their blog. It’s a great one ❤
1. Do you enjoy rereading books?
2. What’s something you keep just because it means a lot to you?
3. What inspired you to start your blog?
4. If you could choose, what book would you have turned into a movie/TV show?
5. Tell us an unpopular opinion on a book, character, couple, etc. that you have.
6. What’s the farthest you have traveled?
7. Which book release are you most excited about this year?
8. How would a perfect day look like to you?
- Kristin @ Kristin Kraves Books
- Rendz @ Reading with Rendz
- Eliza @ Dusk Angel Reads
- Kayla @ Kdrewkthebookworm
- Breeny @ Breeny’s Books