The awesome Kayla @ kdrewkthebookworm has tagged me for my very first Sunshine Blogger Award ❤ Thanks Kayla! You should definitely check out her blog if you haven’t already.
Here are the rules:
– Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
– Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
11 5 new blogs (I’m gonna stick to 5 as well since I don’t follow too many haha) to receive the award and write then 11 new questions.
– List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
So let’s get on with it!
1) What are you doing this summer?
Weeeell, I will be hopefully interning at a high school, getting some more experience in counseling since I’m graduating from college in May. I will also finally be tackling my greatest fear/challenge: learning to drive.
2) How many physical books do you own?
Um…. I haven’t counted lately. The last time I did (over a year ago) it was at almost 250 so I want to say it could easily be up to 300-350 now.
3) Under what circumstances would you DNF a book?
If the writing itself was atrocious. I don’t like it when books try to hard to sound… flowery and intelligent but all it really does is stretch the pages out with unnecessary detail. The plot or characters would also factor into it–by that I mean their decisions. The best way to explain it is The Immortals series by Alyson Noel where the character continues making stupid decisions and trusting the enemy. Or the House of Night series where there are well over 5 love interests for a single character.
4) What was the last movie you saw in theatres? Did you enjoy it?
Oh gosh um… I don’t go out to see movies very often. I totally had to go look up movies from 2016 to remember. The last movie I went out to see was Deadpool which was awesome ❤ For me, going out to see a movie is more about spending time with my friends more than anything else but during the semester it’s had to find the time when we can all get together.
5) What are your favourite and least favourite things about blogging?
My favorite thing about blogging has to be writing reviews. I know that sounds kinda weird but I really like being able to express my full thoughts about a book (whether good or bad) and sharing them with other people. I also really love checking up on my blog and seeing that someone has left a comment. It really makes my day and even though I’m obnoxiously shy I like striking up conversations with followers. My least favorite thing… is probably finding the time/motivation to sit down and work on my blog. Haha, I’m just that person that will put off doing something even if I love it because it’s the starting up that I dread.
6) Tell me a teaser sentence from the book you’re currently reading!
Oh, alright! Well, I’m currently reading Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas, so here’s a small passage:
Magic was gone, and yet this was possible–this creation of magnificent beasts. Magic was gone, and yet Manon felt the sureness of the moment settle along her bones. She was meant to be here. She’d have Titus or no other.
Because she’d suffer no creature to be her mount but the fiercest, the one whose blackness called to her own. As her eyes met with the endless dark of Titus’s, she smiled at the wyvern.
She could have sworn he smiled back.
7) What device do you use to write your blog posts (computer, phone, etc.)?
I write them up on my laptop most of the time because it’s easier and I’m usually sitting on my bed anyways if I’m reading/finished reading.
8) Tell me a little known fact about you that no other bloggers know.
This was several years ago, but one of our cats had kittens and when we couldn’t find homes for them we ended up just keeping them all. So, we have 6 cats in my home. Which is great for a cat lover like me ❤
9) If you could travel anywhere in the world right this instant, where would you go, and why?
I think I’d want to go to Ireland because it seems beautiful, but I think I’d be leaning more towards Italy or France since I love art.
10) What song is stuck in your head right now? (if any)
11) Give a shoutout to 5 awesome bloggers, and spread the love like confetti!
I’m also tagging/nominating these five!
- Lourdes @ Lo’s Lo-Down on Books
- Belle @ Belle Can Read
- Heather @ The Sassy Book Geek
- Sara @ Freadom Library
- Maddie @ Stories and Spoons
Here are my questions:
- What book really got you into reading?
- Do you have a series you loved at first but then couldn’t stand/finish as it went on?
- Have you ever met any authors? Or gone to a book event of some kind?
- What’s your favorite way to read (music playing, movie/video playing in the background, lay down, sitting up, etc) ?
- What other interests/hobbies do you have besides reading?
- What book are you most excited for this year?
- Time to be honest! About how much money do you spend on books in a month?
- There might be some spoilers here, but: if you could save any one character from death in a book, who would you go back and save?
- What’s your favorite place to eat out?
- If you could instantly learn to play any instrument in the world, what would you want to learn?
- You are given a magic pill that gives you a power. What’s your superpower?